Catch up on all the latest news and upcoming events for the SWEP Capital Chapter!
The SWEP Capital Chapter has some exciting events coming up, so look at your calendars! As the officers finalize dates and details, you will find updates right here, so check back often!
• December 9 – Holiday Social, HACC Midtown – Thursday December 9, 2010!
• March 3, 2011 – Making Environmental Connections Conference
- Angela Bransteitter, Chair
- Sara Blascovich, Vice Chair
- Sharon Hill, Secretary
- Beverly Reinhold, Treasurer
- Susan Weaver, Assistant Treasurer
- Diane Wilson, Co-chair Program
- Laura Cohen, Co-chair Program
- Heidi Biggs, Mentoring and Public Service Chair
- Lyn O’Hare, Newsletter/Website Chair
- Namita Sinha, Marketing and Public Relations Chair
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Kim Hummel, Director Emeritus
- Rhonda Manning, Director Emeritus
- Denise Brinley, Director Emeritus
Hi SWEP Members:
A spring Lunch and Learn will be held May 26 at the Linglestown Giant Food Store. Please save this date in order to attend a presentation about nutrition and Community Supported Agriculture. Space is limited and we will open the event for nonmembers as well. Watch for details soon about this interesting event.
Sharon Hill SWEP Capital Chapter Secretary
The Making Environmental Connections conference was another great success! We thank all our sponsors, speakers and participants who contributed to that success.
Our new membership year begins in April. So, it’s time for those of you who couldn’t make the conference or who didn’t become members to join SWEP for 2010.
Please download our membership form under "Membership" on the right sidebar. Your membership in SWEP Capital Chapter means that you are the first to be invited to SWEP events. Also, you will receive complimentary lunches at our Lunch-and-Learns throughout the year. In addition, you’ll be invited to join us at our business and planning meetings and provide your input into our future activities.
An important goal of our group is to encourage students to pursue environmental activities and careers. Your membership dues also go towards supporting student members in SWEP.
Please become a member or renew today!
The Society of Women Environmental Professionals Capital Chapter invites you to its 5th ANNUAL “MAKING ENVIRONMENTAL CONNECTIONS CONFERENCE”!
Date: THURSDAY, MARCH 4, 2010
Time: 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Location: HACC Wildwood conference Center, Harrisburg, PA
The conference will feature speakers and panels on the following topics:
- Public Participation in Environmental Decisions and Environmental Legislation
- Marcellus Shale Gas – Effective Management
- Sustainable Waste Management
- Water Quality Benefits of Forested Riparian Buffers
- Climate Change – What’s Next?
- Water Quality – New Regulations and Emerging Issues
Details are available on the attached agenda. The conference will provide opportunities throughout the day for environmental professional and students to interact, including a session specifically devoted to networking and mentoring. You will also have an opportunity to enjoy sponsor exhibits, refreshments and a buffet lunch. Conference Agenda
Registration: The conference registration form is attached. Registration for environmental professionals is $50; student attendance is free. Please send your registration form and check to SWEP by February 18th!! Space is limited. Registration Form
Sponsorship: Please as your company or organization to sponsor the SWEP conference! SWEP’s ability to encourage student participation by offering free registration is made possible by our sponsors. In addition, our Gold and Silver Sponsors enable SWEP to award a scholarship to a deserving student the day of the conference. The sponsorship form is attached and should be sent to SWEP with a check by February 18th to allow recognition of your company or organization in the conference materials. Sponsor Registration Form
If you have any questions about registration or sponsorship, please contact Sharon Hill at email@example.com.