The Society of Women Environmental Professionals Capital Chapter is pleased to announce our next event:
Healthy Watershed Tour – Lititz, PA on Friday, October 6, 2017
The event is limited to 30 spots which will be on a first-come first-served basis. So please make sure to RSVP as soon as possible.
When: Friday, October 6, 2017
Time: 1 pm – 4:45 pm
Transportation: Meeting at Landis Home Retirement Community located at 1001 East Oregon Road, Lititz, PA 17543-9205 and going in a Chartered bus after that (Details to be provided after RSVP)
Conducted by: LandStudies, Inc.
Description: Hands-on Educational Tour – A Study of Successful Green Infrastructures & Stormwater Best Management Practices
Cost: $30 per person (includes bus fees, drinks, and snacks)
CEU Credits: Sponsored by PA-DE ASLA will be offered
RSVP: To Namita Sinha (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Thursday, August 31.
LandStudies has designed and built nearly 100 green infrastructure sites in Pennsylvania, with approximately 30 located near our Lititz (Lancaster County) Pennsylvania office. LandStudies will share its vast experience in water resource management and watershed planning with Tour participants for the purpose of ensuring EPA compliance, improving community well-being and providing economic value to stakeholders. The hands-on educational Tour showcases nearby green infrastructure sites (with up to 15 years of performance history) and cost-effective best management practices that stack environmental and regulatory benefits.
Tour Sites Demonstrate:
- Alternative stormwater management techniques
- Groundwater infiltration in karst geology
- Nutrient and sediment pollution reduction
- Water quality improvement to meet municipal MS4 and TMDL requirements
- Pollution reductions in accordance with the Chesapeake Bay Watershed Implementation Plan
- Increased stormwater attenuation to potentially reduce localized peak flooding
- Quantified water quality and quantity benefits
- Ecological restoration with environmental and regulatory benefits
- Cost-benefit analysis for each project
- Comparison of various techniques
- Lessons learned
This event is open to SWEP Members and friends (30 spots). You are welcome to bring your friends and family members with you to this event – just make sure to include them in the RSVP.
RSVP to Namita Sinha (email@example.com) by Thursday, August 31, 2017